Information for Poster Authors
- Posters should be A0 size (841 x 1189 mm) or smaller and must be in portrait format.
- Each poster has an associated unique ID number. This number identifies each poster on the Congress software (ConfTool) and will also appear in the Congress Programme.
- Posters should be displayed alongside their ID number on the display boards.
- Posters should be put up in the poster display area on Thursday 14th September from 8am to 11am.
- Details of the poster display area(s) will be given in the Congress programme.
- Each author is responsible for putting up and taking down their poster presentation.
- Velcro attachments for fixing posters to the display boards will be provided by the BSHM.
- The abstract supporting each poster will be published in the Congress programme.
- Authors are asked to provide their contact details either within or alongside their poster in case Congress delegates wish to enquire about the content of the posters.
- The posters should remain on display for the three days of the Congress and be removed by 1.30 pm on Saturday 16th September.
- Any posters that are not removed by 1.30 pm on Saturday will be recycled.
- Enquiries during the Congress regarding posters should be directed to Dr Mike Collins (BSHM Treasurer) or to the Congress Helpline on 07572 484225
Information for Oral Presentations
Submitting your presentation
PowerPoint presentations should be submitted in advance of the Congress. Please ensure that your presentation does not exceed the 30 MB limit. If it is larger than this then images in your PowerPoint will have to be compressed. To do this click on any image, then click on the ‘Format’ tab at the top then click on ‘Compress pictures’. If your version of PowerPoint gives you a choice then choose 150dpi. Make sure that the box ‘Apply only to this picture’ is unchecked so that all images are compressed. Further help available at the Microsoft website.
Please log into ‘Your submission’ on the Conftool site and click on ‘Upload contribution’ in the right hand column.
If there are any difficulties with uploading please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for uploading is 11th September (noon), but we advise you not to leave it till the last minute.
Checking your presentation
At the Congress speakers can review their PowerPoint presentations at the speaker review area in the Alastair Duff Room in the ground floor of King Khalid Building (next to poster area).
This will enable speakers to review but not to change their presentation.
A-V technical assistance
Speakers should check that their presentation has been uploaded for the session. An A-V technician will be present in the Symposium Hall and another will be on call for the Ong and Tausend Rooms to assist speakers. We wish to avoid any changes to presentations after submission, but if this proves necessary these can only be made and uploaded by an A-V technician. Please be aware that last minute changes may not be possible.
Speakers should introduce themselves to the chair of their session before the session starts and indicate how they would like to be introduced.
Speakers are allowed 15 minutes for their presentation and 5 minutes for questions. It is important that these times are adhered to and timing will be enforced by the chairs with a 2 minute warning at 13 minutes. You will be asked to stop talking at 15 minutes.
If speakers are unexpectedly delayed for their session the conference organisers should be informed on 07572 484225