Submitting Abstracts for Oral Presentations and Posters
Abstracts for 15 minute oral presentations and/or posters can be submitted from now until the closing date 31st May 2019 .
Log in to the Congress administration website at www.conftool.org/bshm2019/ and click on ‘your submissions’.
Abstracts must be no more than 200 words in length. Titles should be no more than 15 words. A single reference may be added (not included in word count).
Please check your abstract carefully for accuracy and spelling. If accepted this will be published in the Congress programme without further editing.
Abstracts of contributions accepted for presentation at the Congress will appear in the programme which will be published on the BSHM website bshm.org.uk.
The abstracts will be formally reviewed by a panel of medical historians and the authors will be notified by 7th July if their contribution has been accepted provisionally for presentation at the Congress. Lead authors must register as delegates in order to confirm acceptance of the provisional offer.
Speakers will be allowed 15 minutes for their presentation and 5 minutes for questions. It is important that these times are adhered to and timing will be enforced by the chairs,
Uploading of Presentations
Final PowerPoint presentations should be submitted in advance of the Congress via ConfTool. Please ensure that your presentation does not exceed the 30 MB limit. If it is larger than this then images in your PowerPoint will have to be compressed. To do this click on any image, then click on the ‘Format’ tab at the top then click on ‘Compress pictures’. If your version of PowerPoint gives you a choice then choose 150dpi. Make sure that the box ‘Apply only to this picture’ is unchecked so that all images are compressed. Further help available at the Microsoft website.
Please log into ‘Your submission’ on the Conftool site and click on ‘Upload contribution’ in the right hand column.
The deadline for uploading is 8th September 2019, but we advise you not to leave it until the last minute.
Enquiries regarding oral presentations should be directed to email@example.com
- Posters should be A0 size (841 x 1189 mm) or smaller and must be in portrait format.
- Each poster has an associated unique ID number. This number identifies each poster on the Congress software (ConfTool) and will also appear in the Congress Programme.
- Posters should be displayed alongside their ID number on the display boards.
- Details of the poster display area(s) and times for poster hanging will be given in the Congress programme.
- Each author is responsible for putting up and taking down their poster presentation.
- Velcro attachments for fixing posters to the display boards will be provided by the BSHM.
- The abstract supporting each accepted poster will be published in the Congress programme and will be in the public domain..
- Authors are asked to provide their contact details either within or alongside their poster in case Congress delegates wish to enquire about the content of the posters.
- The posters should remain on display for the three days of the Congress and be removed by 1.30 pm on Saturday 14th September.
- Any posters that are not removed by 1.30 pm on Saturday will be recycled.
Enquiries regarding posters should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org